Note: This is a legacy feature that is no longer updated with the latest SurveyMethods features. Email remote activation has been replaced by remote launch via API. More information about remote launch by API, including a complete tutorial with screenshots, can be found here. We also integrate with many CRM, ERP and Helpdesk applications through our integration with Zapier. More information on that topic, including a partial list of integrations, can be found here.
The email remote activation feature enables a CRM, ERP, Helpdesk, or virtually any other system to trigger surveys remotely from your SurveyMethods account using emails.
Here’s an example:
Our fictional customer “Acme” has a customer support Helpdesk system. Every time a customer calls in to report a problem, a support representative creates a ticket to resolve the customer’s issue. After the ticket is closed, Acme wants to send a survey to the customer to obtain feedback on their support experience.
How does this feature work?
With the Remote Trigger feature, Acme can automatically send the survey to the customer without logging in to Acme’s SurveyMethods account. Acme’s Helpdesk system communicates with SurveyMethods and “tells” SurveyMethods to send the “Customer Experience Survey” in Acme’s SurveyMethods account to the customer’s email address. Acme also instructs SurveyMethods to link the customer ID and the case ID to the survey response.
Here’s what you need to do to automate the process:
Have your technical team configure your ERP, CRM, or Helpdesk systems to automatically send an email to SurveyMethods with the email addresses you want to send your survey to.
- An email should be sent to email@example.com.
- The subject line must be “Remoteactivation” (without the quotations). Note that this is NOT case sensitive so any of “remoteactivation”, “REMOTEACTIVATION”, etc., will work.
- The body content should be in a specific format (refer to the screenshot below).
- The second line in the body of the email must be the survey code, which you can get in the Survey Settings section.
- The subsequent lines must contain one or more email addresses (one per line) to send the survey to.
Below we show you a sample remote activation email based on the above steps. The email must be structured exactly as shown in the screen below or the remote activation may not work properly.
- The “To” address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The email must contain the login id, survey code, email address, custom field labels, and custom field values, along with all the tags.
- Each email address is followed by a comma, the first custom field value, another comma, the second custom value and so on, with a maximum of 5 custom field values.
If you need additional help, please contact us.
Who can use this feature?
This feature is available only on Professional and Enterprise packages.