SurveyMethods only allows one computer to be logged into an account at a time; if more than one person needs to work on the same survey, however, you can do so with our survey collaboration feature. This allows you to share your survey with other team members and allow them to edit, view, or copy it.
To collaborate on a survey, select the checkbox to the left of the survey on the My Surveys page and click the “Collaborate” button.
You will be taken to the following page where you can enter another user’s SurveyMethods ID and then assign rights to edit, view and/or copy the survey.
Once you collaborate on a survey, the collaborate icon () will display to the left of the survey title on the My Surveys page.
You can make changes to the collaborator list by clicking the collaborate icon or selecting the survey checkbox and clicking the Collaborate button.
- All surveys in your account are viewable only to you unless you collaborate them with others.
- Only one collaborator can be assigned Edit rights at a time. You can add as many users with view and copy rights as you like.
- When using page logic with the action Redirect to Another Survey, if either survey (the survey with page logic or the survey that is being redirected to) is collaborated with another user, the collaborated user will be able to change the page logic action; however, they cannot change the survey that is being redirected to, and if they change the page logic action they will not be able to change it back to Redirect to Another Survey.
- Redirect to Another Survey page logic actions can only be set by the owner of the survey (the main account that the survey resides in) and you can only redirect to a survey within the same SurveyMethods account. If you need to redirect to a survey in a different account, you can use the “Redirect to Website” action and then enter the web URL for the other survey.
- If you want to move a survey that is currently collaborated with one or more other users, you will first need to remove the collaboration. Once you move the survey, the new user can add the collaboration back. Surveys with active collaboration will not show up on the survey list in the Move Surveys menu.